Assalamwalekum my dear Brothers and Sisters, earlier we have talked about 12 commandments of Allah that everyone should follow and in this article, we will discuss how to repent to Allah and the benefits of Tawbah
There are four main steps one must take to repent:-
1.Stop the sin.
2.Regret deeply and truly for the sin you committed.
3.Return to Allah for forgiveness.
4.Make a strong intention never to return to that same sin again.
5.There is also a fifth step:If the sin involved infringing on the rights of other people, then one must return the infringed rights back to the individual to whom they belong.
Note:- (However, many people find that their repentance begins strong, but then slowly they get weaker and fall back into committingthe sin only a short while later. So, to ensure that we stay true to our repentance and keep our promises to Allah subhanahowatala and ask Allah subhanahowatala to help us to restrain from sin’s.)
In many places in Qur’an Allah subhanahowatala tell believer to ask forgiveness from him Here are only a couple of the many examples where Allah mentions in the Qur’an, His love for those who repent and promises to forgive with mercy and compassion:-
1)“And seek forgiveness of Allah. Indeed Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.” [Qur’an: Chapter 73, Verse 20]
2)“And whoever does a wrong or wrongs himself but then seeks forgiveness will find Allah Forgiving and Merciful.” [Qur’an: Chapter 4, Verse 110]
3)“…Truly, Allah loves those who turn unto Him in repentance and loves those who purify themselves”Quran (Surah Al-Baqarah, Verse 222)
✓In narrating one of the popular hadith, Ibn Masud(Ra) stated that Allaah’s Messenger (sal allaahu alaiyhi wa sallam) said:- Allah is more pleased with the repentance of his slave than a man who camps at a place where his life is jeopardized. But he has his riding animal carrying his food and water. He then rests his head and sleeps for a short while and wakes up to find his riding animal missing. He starts looking for it and suffers from severe heat and thirst or what Allah wished him to suffer from. He then says: ‘I will go back to my place.’ He returns and sleeps again. Then when he wakes up, he raises his head to find his riding animal standing besides him. So one can imagine the happiness that this brings to him. (The prophet continued by stating that) Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His slave than the situation of happiness that this person experiences after he was saved from death.’
***Benefits of Taubah:-
1) It is a cause to receive the Love of Allah azza wa jal.The Most High says:-Truly, Allah loves those who turn unto Him in repentance and loves those who purify themselves. (2:222)
2) It is a cause of success AllahThe Most High says:-And all of you beg Allah to forgive you, O believers, that you may be successful. (24:31)
3) It is a cause in the changing of evil deeds into good deeds.The Most High says:-And whoever does this shall be thrown the punishment. The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace; Except those who repent and believe, and do righteous deeds; for those, Allah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (25:68-70)
4) It is a cause of entrance into Jannah and safety from the
Hell-Fire.The Most High says:-But there came after them successors who neglected prayer and pursued desires; so they are going to meet evil. Except those who repent, believe and do righteousness; for those will enter Paradise and will not be wronged at all. (19:59-60)
***On contract of this people’s say what happened if we do tawbah after it we came again to sinning it is a big statergy of satan.if you repent truly yours past sins are wash away forgiven by Allah almighty. if the situation make you to sin again after repentance you sins record are all starts from zero a new record of sin’s will started.in opposite what happened if you die after sinning and delaying the tawbah it lead to diying with Sins.
Below are some Hadith dua’s related tawbah:-
- Rasulullah Sallalahu alayhi wa Sallam used to recite :-(أستغفرالله )~ Astagfirullah(I seek forgiveness of Allah)at least 100 times a day.
2) A person would say (“Astaghfirullah al-’Azeem al-lazi la ilaha illa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyum wa atubu ilaih ”). [I seek the forgiveness of Allah the Mighty, Whom there is none worthy of worship except Him, The Living, The Eternal, and I repent unto Him]…even if he has committed sins as much as the the foam of an ocean, still he will be forgiven.
[Abu Dawud- 2:85/ Tirmidhi 5:569]
3) Shaddad ibn Aws (radiAllahu anhu) relates that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said that he(Sayyid al-Istighfar)most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah is to say (dua mentioned in below image). That “If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise; and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of Paradise.”
4) Salat al tawbha:-narrated that Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq (may Allaah be pleased withhim) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “There is no one who commits a sin then purifies himself well and stands and prays two rak’ahs, then asks Allaah for forgiveness, but Allaah will forgive him.(Abu Dawood)
Making mistakes and falling short are undoubtedly part of human nature and no one will be free of shortcomings in his obedience to Allaah, or free of mistakes or forgetfulness or sins. All of us fall short, commit sins, and make mistakes. Sometimes we turn to Allaah and sometimes we turn away from Him. Sometimes we remember that Allaah is watching and sometimes we become negligent. None of us is free of sin, and we will inevitably make mistakes. We are not infallible. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “By the One in Whose hand is my soul, if you did not commit sin Allaah would do away with you and bring people who would commit sin then pray for forgiveness.” Narrated by (Muslim, 2749). And he prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every son of Adam sins, and the best of those who sin are those who repent.” Narrated by (al-Tirmidhi).