Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
2. Wa kitaabim mastoor
3. Fee raqqim manshoor
4. Wal baitil ma’moor
5. Wassaqfil marfoo’
6. Wal bahril masjoor
7. Inna ‘azaaba Rabbika lawaaqi’
8. Maa lahoo min daafi’
9. Yawma tamoorus samaaa’u mawraa
10. Wa taseerul jibaalu sairaa
11. Fawailuny yawma ‘izil lil mukaazzibeen
12. Allazeena hum fee khawdiny yal’aboon
13. Yawma yuda’-‘oona ilaa naari jahannama da’-‘aa
14. Haazihin naarul latee kuntum bihaa tukazziboon
15. Afasihrun haazaaaa am antum laa tubsiroon
16. Islawhaa fasbirooo aw laa tasbiroo sawaaa’un ‘alaikum innamaa tujzawna maa kuntum ta’maloon
17. Innal muttaqeena fee jannaatinw wa na’eem
18. Faakiheena bimaaa aataahum rabbuhum wa waqaahum rabbuhum ‘azaabal jaheem
19. Kuloo washraboo haneee ‘am bimaa kuntum ta’maloon
20. Muttaki’eena ‘alaa sururim masfoofatinw wa zawwaj naahum bihoorin ‘een
21. Wallazeena aamanoo wattaba’at hum zurriyyatuhum bieemaanin alhaqnaa bihim zurriyyatahum wa maaa alatnaahum min ‘amalihim min shai’; kullum ri’im bimaa kasaba raheen
22. Wa amdadnaahum bifaa kihatinw wa lahmim mimmaa yashtahoon
23. Yatanaaza’oona feehaa kaasal laa laghwun feehaa wa laa taaseem
24. Wa yatoofu ‘alaihim ghilmaanul lahum ka annahum lu’lu’um maknoon
25. Wa aqbala ba’duhum ‘alaa ba’diny yatasaaa’aloon
26. Qaalooo innaa kunnaa qablu feee ahlinaa mushfiqeen
27. Famannnal laahu ‘alainaa wa waqaanaa ‘azaabas samoom
28. Innaa kunnaa min qablu nad’oohu innahoo huwal barrur raheem
29. Fazakkir famaaa anta bini’mati rabbika bikaahininw wa laa majnoon
30. Am yaqooloona shaa’irun natarabbasu bihee raibal manoon
31. Qul tarabbasoo fa innee ma’akum minal mutarabbiseen
32. Am taamuruhum ahlaamuhum bihaazaaa am hum qawmun taaghoon
33. Am yaqooloona taqawwalah; bal laa yu’minoon
34. Falyaatoo bihadeesim misliheee in kaanoo saadiqeen
35. Am khuliqoo min ghairi shai’in am humul khaaliqoon
36. Am khalaqus samaawaati wal ard; bal laa yooqinoon
37. Am’indahum khazaaa’inu rabbika am humul musaitiroon
38. Am lahum sullamuny yastami’oona feehi falyaati mustami’uhum bisultaanim mubeen
39. Am lahul banaatu wa lakumul banoon
40. Am tas’aluhum ajran fahum mim maghramim musqaloon
41. Am ‘indahumul ghaibu fahum yaktuboon
42. Am yureedoona kaidan fallazeena kafaroo humul makeedoon
43. Am lahum ilaahun ghairul laa; subhaanal laahi ‘ammaa yushrikoon
44. Wa iny yaraw kisfam minas samaaa’i saaqitany yaqooloo sahaabum markoom
45. Fazarhum hatta yulaaqoo yawmahumul lazee feehi yus’aqoon
46. Yawma laa yughnee ‘anhum kaidumhum shai’anw wa laa hum yunsaroon
47. Wa inna lillazeena zalamoo ‘azaaban doona zalika wa laakinna aksarahum laa ya’lamoon
48. Wasbir lihukmi rabbika fa innaka bi-a’yuninaa wa sabbih bihamdi rabbika heena taqoom
49. Wa minal laili fasabbihhu wa idbaaran nujoom
Abdullah Yusuf Ali Translation
1. By the Mount (of Revelation);
2. By a Decree inscribed
3. In a Scroll unfolded;
4. By the much-frequented Fane;
5. By the Canopy Raised High;
6. And by the Ocean filled with Swell;-
7. Verily, the Doom of thy Lord will indeed come to pass;-
8. There is none can avert it;-
9. On the Day when the firmament will be in dreadful commotion.
10. And the mountains will fly hither and thither.
11. Then woe that Day to those that treat (Truth) as Falsehood;-
12. That play (and paddle) in shallow trifles.
13. That Day shall they be thrust down to the Fire of Hell, irresistibly.
14. “This:, it will be said, “Is the Fire,- which ye were wont to deny!
15. “Is this then a fake, or is it ye that do not see?
16. “Burn ye therein: the same is it to you whether ye bear it with patience, or not: Ye but receive the recompense of your (own) deeds.”
17. As to the Righteous, they will be in Gardens, and in Happiness,-
18. Enjoying the (Bliss) which their Lord hath bestowed on them, and their Lord shall deliver them from the Penalty of the Fire.
19. (To them will be said:) “Eat and drink ye, with profit and health, because of your (good) deeds.”
20. They will recline (with ease) on Thrones (of dignity) arranged in ranks; and We shall join them to Companions, with beautiful big and lustrous eyes.
21. And those who believe and whose families follow them in Faith,- to them shall We join their families: Nor shall We deprive them (of the fruit) of aught of their works: (Yet) is each individual in pledge for his deeds.
22. And We shall bestow on them, of fruit and meat, anything they shall desire.
23. They shall there exchange, one with another, a (loving) cup free of frivolity, free of all taint of ill.
24. Round about them will serve, (devoted) to them. Youths (handsome) as Pearls well-guarded.
25. They will advance to each other, engaging in mutual enquiry.
26. They will say: “Aforetime, we were not without fear for the sake of our people.
27. “But Allah has been good to us, and has delivered us from the Penalty of the Scorching Wind.
28. “Truly, we did call unto Him from of old: truly it is He, the Beneficent, the Merciful!”
29. Therefore proclaim thou the praises (of thy Lord): for by the Grace of thy Lord, thou art no (vulgar) soothsayer, nor art thou one possessed.
30. Or do they say:- “A Poet! we await for him some calamity (hatched) by Time!”
31. Say thou: “Await ye!- I too will wait along with you!”
32. Is it that their faculties of understanding urge them to this, or are they but a people transgressing beyond bounds?
33. Or do they say, “He fabricated the (Message)”? Nay, they have no faith!
34. Let them then produce a recital like unto it,- If (it be) they speak the truth!
35. Were they created of nothing, or were they themselves the creators?
36. Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, they have no firm belief.
37. Or are the Treasures of thy Lord with them, or are they the managers (of affairs)?
38. Or have they a ladder, by which they can (climb up to heaven and) listen (to its secrets)? Then let (such a) listener of theirs produce a manifest proof.
39. Or has He only daughters and ye have sons?
40. Or is it that thou dost ask for a reward, so that they are burdened with a load of debt?-
41. Or that the Unseen in it their hands, and they write it down?
42. Or do they intend a plot (against thee)? But those who defy Allah are themselves involved in a Plot!
43. Or have they a god other than Allah. Exalted is Allah far above the things they associate with Him!
44. Were they to see a piece of the sky falling (on them), they would (only) say: “Clouds gathered in heaps!”
45. So leave them alone until they encounter that Day of theirs, wherein they shall (perforce) swoon (with terror),-
46. The Day when their plotting will avail them nothing and no help shall be given them.
47. And verily, for those who do wrong, there is another punishment besides this: But most of them understand not.
48. Now await in patience the command of thy Lord: for verily thou art in Our eyes: and celebrate the praises of thy Lord the while thou standest forth,
49. And for part of the night also praise thou Him,- and at the retreat of the stars!